Adobe Illustrator Essentials
This course is aimed at new users or at those who have a little experience, and it will teach you how to use Illustrator for the production of a wide range of graphical elements. From designing and producing logos through to tracing complex images, we concentrate on essential drawing and production techniques, taking full advantage of Illustrator's wide range of tools and features.
What you'll learn
This is a sample of topics typically covered during the Adobe Illustrator Essentials course. Course content is flexible, so get in touch if you have specific requirements.
- How Artboards work
- Working with colour, fill and stroke properties
- Using the basic drawing tools - drawing lines, rectangles, ellipses, polygons etc.
- Duplication, distribution and alignment
- Transformations - scale, rotation, reflection
- Using Guides and Grids
- Converting photographs into illustrations
- Working with Gradients and Patterns
- Using the Pen Tool
- Editing paths
- Exporting Artwork
- Working with text - character and paragraph formatting
- Converting text to paths - manipulating type
- Defining styles
- Attaching text to a path
- Simple 3D elements
- Using Symbols
Adobe Illustrator Advanced Design Techniques
This course begins by filling in the gaps in your knowledge, and then goes much further, covering a range of powerful techniques aimed at both print and the screen. Real artwork and design projects are used to demonstrate efficient production methods. Students are encouraged to bring projects in and to explore specific areas of interest.
What you'll learn
This is a sample of topics typically covered during the Adobe Illustrator Advanced Design Techniques course. Course content is flexible, so get in touch if you have specific requirements.
- The Pen tool in depth
- Global colours
- Using Pathfinders to combine elements
- Effects and Appearances - aplying effects to layers - assigning multiple properties
- Brushes and brush properties
- Blends and Gradient Mesh
- Live Colour/Colour Guide
- Transparency and Blend modes
- Opacity Masks
- Clipping Masks
- Exporting artwork
- Layer organisation - sublayers
- 3D - lighting - transparency effects - mapping artwork
- Expanding artwork
- Unlocking the power of Live Paint
Where and how courses runAll courses are currently being delivered online.
Tailored courses and workshops
Courses can be run as customised workshops for individuals or groups. Workshops are an ideal way to learn exactly the skills you need - workshops are not restricted to a single topic, and can be tailored to suit your specific requirements. We can use actual projects as the basis for your course, so you get things done as you learn. Get in touch on 0435 829 914 or Send an enquiry to find out more about tailored courses and workshops.